CRITERIA FOR SELECTION
A Local Co-ordinator must exhibit:
active member of Oblate Youth Australia (OYA) through regular
participation in their local community, National Oblate Youth Encounter
(NOYE) and other Oblate Youth activities.
• a clear desire to serve OYA.
• active member of a Catholic faith community and living witness of the gospel values.
• identification with the Oblate charism.
• competencies in leadership, organisation, communication, youth ministry and evangelisation.
• has the respect and support of their local community.
• IMPLEMENT THE VISION SET FORTH BY NATION CO-ORDINATION TEAM FOR OBLATE YOUTH AUSTRALIA
• ACTIVELY SUPPORT OBLATE YOUTH AUSTRALIA CO-ORDINATION
• CONTRIBUTE TO DEVELOP AND SUPPORT NATIONAL OBLATE YOUTH ENCOUNTER
• SUPPORT AND CONTRIBUTE TO OBLATEYOUTH.COM
IMPLEMENT THE VISION SET FORTH BY NATION CO-ORDINATION TEAM FOR OBLATE YOUTH AUSTRALIA
• To encourage the awareness of faith and Oblate charism and spirituality.
Visit, liaise with and support current youth programs in Oblate
parishes and works and assist with the development of Oblate Youth
groups in local communities where deemed appropriate.
• To encourage
the use of formation material for local communities, including Lenten
and May Programs and “Scripture and Tradition” sheets.
• To support participation in World Youth Day and other major youth events.
• To participate in the opportunities of training, formation and personal evaluation.
• To organise hospitality for members from other states.
To make a financial contribution (the amount set by National
Co-ordination team) to assist in OYA administration costs through
fundraising in local community.
• To lead by example and insure that all members conduct themselves as living witnesses of the Gospel values at OYA activities.
ACTIVELY SUPPORT OBLATE YOUTH AUSTRALIA CO-ORDINATION
• To identify, promote, support and encourage leadership in the local community.
• To participate effectively and promptly in all forms of communication within the Oblate Youth structure.
• To attend scheduled meetings of OYA.
CONTRIBUTE TO DEVELOP AND SUPPORT NATIONAL OBLATE YOUTH ENCOUNTER
• To participate in the development of the program for the NOYE.
• Assist with leading the NOYE.
SUPPORT AND CONTRIBUTE TO OBLATEYOUTH.COM
• To contribute material to be published on website, by request.
• To participate in online community.
• Regularly update relevant local community webpage.